Tuesday 23 April 2013

Bubbles in the sunshine...

I feel like I’m all over the place today. Scattered. I walk into a room for something, then stand dumbstruck in the middle of the room wondering why on earth I’m there. You know those days.
So. Let’s get things in order. First, Little Flower and I bake some chocolate chip cookies.

Ah, I’m feeling more settled now. Nothing like a spot of baking to shut out the world and calm the mind. (I also hear the same mantra from my yoga instructor. Only I would apply it to chocolate...)
Then the sun comes out, so shiny and bright, to warm the heart. Little Flower calls out: “BUBBLES!!!”
So out comes the bubble machine.



The photos are overexposed, blurry, hurried...but no matter, I captured the fleeting life of a bubble in the sunshine. Then I put down the camera and played with my girl.
(I noticed once that the bubble machine churns out so many bubbles, from the road in front of our house one can see dozens of sparkly orbs drifting into the sky from our back garden. Such a happy, happy sight, bubbles floating en masse to the heavens!)
I’m a bit behind with my second mystery project I told you about here. I’m distracted by sunshine, bubbles and giggles! Here’s a sneaky peek at what we’ve been up to

Fun with fabric paint

Then I had a change of heart withe the fabric pens and decided I'd like to do a bit of embroidery

More stitching this evening, then I'm nearly finished. Hint: it’s a gift for my mother, who lives in America, and the inspiration came from a pin I found and saved to one of my Pinterest pages – can you spot it? Mother’s Day is approaching in the US, so I have to get this WIP into the post toot sweet!
Happy crafting!
Chrissie x

4 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious - hope you saved me some!
    I agree there is something rather happy-invoking about blowing bubbles and watching them drift off gently - or watching children chase them giggling! maybe I'll get some for my puppy!!
    Looking forward to seeing your finished Mothers Day present!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am intrigued by your mystery project. Those cookies look delicious and what a pretty tin!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your your mystery project!
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubbles seem an appropriate metaphor for the state of mind you describe - as though every thought seems to 'pop' in mid air! Can almost taste those cookies - mmmmmmmm.... Loving the mystery project too - and I think your mom will too.... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete