Friday 9 August 2013

Home Sweet Home

Hello there! It’s been a while, how have you been? We just got back last night from a little family holiday, and now I’m in post-holiday stupor, trying to maintain the lovely relaxed vibe while unpacking and sorting laundry and toiletries...

How can one describe the feeling of returning home after a truly wonderful, relaxing trip – that moment you walk through the door after a day spent packing, travelling to the airport, hurtling through the air in a plane, travelling home, unlocking the door, stepping inside?
There’s no place like home.

I don’t need to click together sparkly red shoes to know this (but oh, I wouldn’t say no to a pair to give it a go!). I love travelling, I absolutely love visiting new places, learning niceties in other languages, eating new foods, strolling through local streets...but I also love coming home.
I love walking from room to room, reacquainting myself with the home. I slip my feet into my recently repaired purple slippers. I spot the decoupaged bookcase in the kitchen, and it’s all new to me again. My eyes spot the granny stripe blanket I made for Bunny and I feel happy. These little crafty creations – and I’m speaking for you, me, all of us, we crafty folks – are more than a hobby, much more than a way to spend a few hours here and there. These are treasures that truly make our house ours. Our home.

That’s it from me for today, no photos, no WIP updates I’m afraid, just a little hello and a promise to post something clever and crafty ASAP!
Chrissie x

5 comments:

  1. glad you had a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, warming, happy post dear Chrissie - welcome home to you and yours after a lovely time away for, after all, there's no place like home!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely relaxing holiday! I loved this post as it perfectly describes how I also feel about returning home after a trip away.
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to take time to appreciate the things we have. I always miss my home and although it's lovely to be away it's always nice to get back too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie, Welcome back! I really love what you wrote here. There really is no place like home! Have a lovely weekend as you recuperate from your holiday! :D xo

    ReplyDelete