Tuesday 23 May 2017

WIP Ta-Dah Double Whammy!

I am very happy to announce that I have completed not one, but TWO projects! (This is a big deal for me, the WIP queen!)

They are the focus of my latest YouTube video...

What's on my hook

First is my Hotel of Bees Shawl


After the crochet fail a few weeks back, I was determined to make things right and finish this beautiful pattern. I am over the moon with the result! 

The Hotel of Bees Crochet-A-Long is being hosted by Sandra of Cherry Heart and Sam of Betsy Makes. The shawl pattern is by Christina Hadderingh, and I crocheted it using Fyberspates Scrumptious Sport Superwash 4-ply yarn. It feels so soft and wonderful!

I'm in the final stretch of the Missed Kingfisher Shawl


I plan on wearing it in my next YouTube video so keep watching! The Missed Kingfisher shawl pattern is by Joanne Scrace for “The Shawl Project: Book Two”, from The Crochet Project, and I'm using Eden Cottage Yarns Titus 4-ply in Rambling Rose and Oakworth 4-ply in Compost.

Next on my hook will be another Spun Gold Shawl, which I'm making as a gift for a friend, using some beautiful Juniper Moon Farm yarn:


The Spun Gold Shawl is by Kat Goldin for The Crochet Project. I bought the yarn, 
Juniper Moon Farm's Herriot Fine baby alpaca/nylon 4-ply yarn from Pins & Needles

And I was gifted a ball of the delicious, coveted Watermelon Shawl Gradient Yarn by Hand Dyed by Kate! I can't wait to make something scrumptious with it! 

What!?! I’m knitting?

Yep, I'm trying to finally get my head around knitting! 


I've tentatively started the Match & Move shawl by Martina Behm, using the juiciest yarn! This is Hill View Farm's Superwash BFL sock yarn in ‘Shades of Flamingo’ and I'm also using ‘Shades of Coral’.

What’s in my hoop

The final YouTube tutorial for my Herb Embroidery sampler is up and running! I finished with the fly stitch for the background fronds. 



The tutorials are forever on my channel, so feel free to give it a go anytime! The original pattern design can be found HERE.

I also show some of the sampler herbs being used for some summer placemats I'm working on!

Pour yourself a cuppa and have a quick visit with me on YouTube!

Happy crafting!
Chrissie x

1 comment:

  1. That shawl is a beaut. Glad you are having some WIP success. I am too this week - it is an awesome feeling. Jo x

    ReplyDelete