Thursday 4 May 2017

Crochet Fail & Stitching Therapy

Hello everyone! I've been MIA for a few weeks - we went to Norway for the Easter holidays, then after we came back it took me a good week or so to get settled back in real life!

But I've finally uploaded my latest YouTube video, where I talk about my most recent crafty shenanigans, including a massive crochet fail...and how embroidery provides a perfect antidote when I'm feeling all fingers and thumbs.

Skiing in Norway...

What's on my hook



I started a shawl on the airplane to Norway, and I finished it on the flight home! 



This is the beautiful Parallel Bars Shawl by Sarah Shrimpton of Annaboo’s House. I hooked it using 
YanTanTetheraYarns Mether yarn in "Dirtwater", which isn't the prettiest of names but was the prettiest of yarns!

I'm joining in the Hotel of Bees Crochet-A-Long hosted by Sandra of Cherry Heart and Sam of Betsy Makes. The Hotel of Bees is a beautiful crochet shawl pattern by Christina Hadderingh, and the pattern can be found here



I'm afraid this is where my epic crochet fail comes into play, but you'll have to watch the video to see what has happened. Regardless, I'm enjoying hooking it with the luscious Fyberspates Scrumptious Sport Superwash 4-ply yarn!

Progress is being made on my Missed Kingfisher shawl


The pattern is by Joanne Scrace for “The Shawl Project: Book Two”, from The Crochet Project. I'm using EdenCottage Yarns Titus 4-ply in Rambling Rose and Oakworth 4-ply in Compost. 

I also talk about some very useful yarn needles, Susan Bates Finishing Needles, which I purchased from amazon.co.uk.

What's in my hoop


I've uploaded more stitch tutorials on my YouTube channel, so you can learn how to do more of the flowers from the Herb Embroidery!

Nearly finished!

There's also some progress on a quilt I'm making for my daughter...plus the woes of Beavers uniforms...pour yourself a cup of tea and come have a visit! 

You can find me here on my YouTube channel. Thanks for popping by!

Chrissie x


1 comment:

  1. What stunning makes me dear, you are so multi talented x

    ReplyDelete